Monday, December 13, 2010

Nepal

Nepal was really nice place to visit, nice people, huge mountains (Peru's proabbly look better though) and lots of variety in the trekking geography. Really it's all trekking, with a few other things to do. The whole scene being very well set up to cater for tourists, of which there are millions, but it didn't diminish from the experience too much. Bit off more than I could chew to start, my first week ended here...


Things get nice for a bit.

Niligiri


Macchupucchare (fishtail) at sunset.

Annapurna from the Base Camp, very beautiful and perfectly clear skies the whole time I was there in late October was pretty lucky with this. The mountain weather in Nepal is fickle for a lot of the year.

Annapurna South from Tatopani

... Knees couldn't keep up with even the 60 year olds with these.



Speed control, saving the environment from... other more polluting busses.


Marpha, quiet and quaint in the Mustang wilderness.


Rice terraces near Ghandruk, nice houses, pretty wealthy area for Nepal. Back at Pokhara for Paragliding and the discovery of some nice credit card fraud, CCs and the 3rd world, try harder than me to not use them.

Pretty sweet at the right time of year, even a chump like me could stay up in this but...


..can't land properly! One dodgy landing too many. Cut the trip short 2 weeks, bit annoying, stuck with my parents back in Oz till it heals. My bones are not as strong as I thought!