Thursday, August 2, 2007

Iceland

Trying to go to different places I had booked a flight to Iceland for a week. The first thing I noticed were Subway rolls were $13-$18 AU, cheapest block of cheese $7, half loaf of bread $4, pint of cheapest beer at bar $12 etc. Those salads below are $6, about 2 spoonfuls of fruit salad.

Crazy.

So I go to the mountains as its going to be cheap there except the bus cost $130 return for the equiv of going from Launceston - Hobart, 2 hours! Very interesting but it rains a bit too much. I ran out of food again and had to catch the bus back 2 days early but wasn't caught in the dark again as in summer it's too far north to get dark. Following are some bad photos making some pretty spectacular scenery look average due to rubbish camera and, rubbish photographer.





Icelandics try to avoid saying as little as possible in conversation, usually just yes or no unless you structure your questions well. There were loads of nice blonde haired girls around though.
I filled out my trip with swimming in this naturally heated pool, half naturally heated.

Quite nice 37C in the pool, 10C out so u gotta run from the pool to the change rooms and back real quick.

1 comment:

  1. Why can't I post comments on your later posts? All looks awesome. WTF was up with the police getting shot? That was safe? damn. And yeah, seems like swine flu was a massive beat up. Couple of people I know got it. Wasn't a big deal.

    ReplyDelete