Thursday, August 16, 2007

Morocco

After another brief visit to London that cost way too much money and off to Morocco. There are a lot of hustlers in Morocco all trying to rip off tourists for anything and everything, eventually bringing them to their knees and driving them out of their country destroying their main export in the process!! I have to give my #1 scam to the Taxi driver driver who I finally haggled a reasonable fair from (2 hours bartering with various hustlers, I´m not kidding!) who then proceeded to drive me out of the city to some rubbish dump posing as a taxi station and tell me its suddenly more expensive. After lots of yelling and screaming some random offers me my origional price and I try to get out of the taxi but he just starts driving off. Eventually I decided to pay the guy $3 to get out of his taxi and continue on my journey, he then asked me for a tip, fn lol.

I managed to put up with this for 9 days, here is what I did.

Above is the main square of Marrakesh, try and watch from a distance.

Somewhere over there is a mountain I was trying to climb.

Eventually I got to the top

But seeing as its Africa and a desert it started to rain

And rain more

And I got Diarrhoea
Getting quite sick of the rain this trip so I decided to go to the desert. This was my Camel. The only problem with the camel riding experience was Camels have humps, and they also have spines, and they only have a blanket to fold over a few times for sitting on its back.


This is the desert, no rain. One night was spent here, its like sleeping on the beach but with no ocean.

I actaully think the average Moroccan is generally pretty nice, just as long as you´re not buying things from them. They really should stop having so many kids tho. 33 million people in, from what I saw, is a country as fertile as north west Australia!