Thursday, August 2, 2007

Interlaken

Interlaken is an adventure town so I decided I would do some adventuring. After being annoyed at the price of everything and getting sick of waiting for it to stop raining I packed my rucksack and headed off into the mountains for a couple of days of average weather and wet feet.


I got to this hut where I planned to buy some food but it was locked and empty which was annoying as I only had 1 bun left and it was a long walk to anywhere.


So raced down to nearest the train station half in the dark and managed to get the last train getting these for the effort.

Of course the next day was beautiful weather, in fact the next 5 or 6 were. I decided to try this ..

It was pretty hard for me as other than Tennis I don't think I'd really used my arms for 4 or 5 years, great experience tho to walk on a glacier and all.

Rounded out the trip with a paraglide which was way overpriced and a complete waste of money unless you learn to do it yourself, and another hike, this time on a sunny day! These are the Bernese Alps, the Eiger to the left of the middle, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment