Monday, August 27, 2007

Santiago

After a great flight with a fever and very cramped seat for 13 hours I arrived in Santiago early morning with the pilot announcing the temperature as -1C

Santiago is all one way streets which I think is a good thing judging on how they drive. Our ski bus driver thought it was cool to pretend he was trying to run over pedestrians. The city is pretty unattractive but it has the amazing backdrop of the Andes which I managed to get this great photo of.

Skiing was amazing compared to Australia. I can also take the oppourtunity to bag Bella Vista Camp www.bellavistacamp.cl (please show that up google) whose ski bus driver stole my mp3 player.




Then the flight to Ecuador gave some amazing views. That red arrow is pointing to Siula Grande, I think.


Am now in Equador at a Spanish school which is a bit of a laugh for me.